Complaints Policy & Procedure
We at Monarch Print Ltd. are committed to providing quality services and products for our customers and promoting open communication, accountability and trustworthiness for all our clients. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our customers positively, and by putting mistakes right.
We aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service or product which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- we respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation, or an apology in the case we have made a mistake, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service and products, and annually reviewing our complaints policy and procedures.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally and dealt with quickly.
We aim to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly;
- keep matters simple and factual;
- enable mediation should it be required
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Monarch Print Ltd. defines a complaint as 'any expression of dissatisfaction with a service, product or member of our team that requires a formal response'.
The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant's satisfaction.
Monarch Print Ltd.’s responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- respond within a stated period of time;
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- take action where appropriate.
A complainant's responsibility is to:
- bring their complaint, in writing, to Monarch Print’s attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising;
- raise concerns promptly and directly with a member of the Monarch Print Team;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow Monarch Print a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Monarch Print’s control.
Responsibility for Action:
The Monarch Print Team.
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both the complainant and Monarch Print maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (with each complaint judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Monitoring and Reporting:
FORMAL COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
In the first instance, if you are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should contact the member of the team who dealt with you, or their manager, in writing. This will give them a chance to put things right. If your complaint concerns a member of the Monarch Print Team, you should write formally to the individual concerned. In your letter you should set out the details of your complaint, the consequences for you as a result, and the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 4 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation, apology or information on action taken within 15 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint, then you can write to Monarch Print’s Director and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect the Director to acknowledge your request within 4 working days of receipt and a response within 15 workings days.
Monarch Print’s aim is to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently, timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
This Policy is licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence. You are welcome to adapt it for your own purposes, in which case please acknowledge this page as your source, applying a suitable attribution share alike licence on your own policy. Thank you.